NUTS Energy management software
Dreamsolution has been active in the energy management business for many years, supporting clients with software for the aggregation and visualisation of meter data. Today we publicly announce the availability of NUTS, the software that delivers a complete and flexible solution for energy management.
NUTS is our software-as-a-service for energy management. NUTS is a proven and complete solution to implement energy solutions for your business. NUTS is currently in use with more than 30.000 meters for clients in the metering services and energy retail business in The Netherlands and Belgium. Our clients use NUTS to reduce energy costs and CO₂ footprint, benchmark their business units, gain insight for energy trading, or for example as a tool to calculate energy bills for tenants.
CO₂ emissions reduction
Complete energy management
- Multi utility: Active and reactive power, gas, water, thermal energy (heat); Consumption and production
- Region-based weather data, heating days and cooling days
- ICE Endex energy positions, contracted capacities
- Metering based on meter readings and time integrals (usages)
- Pulse meters (ratio configurable per meter)
- Peak calculation
- Power factor, cosine phi
- Alerting based on thresholds per meter
- Meter data import based on the OBIS Object Identification System (IEC 62056-61)
- Multiple data sources for meters, with overwrite prevention
- Swapping meters is transparent to the end user
- Aggregates in 15 minutes, hour, day, week, month and year interval time series
- Aggregate meters into one virtual meter, known as submetering
- Aggregate single meters to multiple aggregates, for example for collective purchasing deals
- Configurable tariff based on time of day, for example lower night time tariffs or holidays
- Configurable aggregation to days, for example from 06:00 to 06:00 instead of midnight
- Support for low interval meters, for example yearly readouts from offline meters, preventing graphs with no data on small intervals
Adapt to your business
NUTS is designed as a platform, and needs to be extended with custom inputs and outputs to fit your business needs.
- Web APIs for machine-to-machine communication, real-time or near-time monitoring
- Web APIs for smartphone apps
- Complete management reports in PDF format
- Excel spreadsheet downloads
- The platform has no predefined knowledge of a metering topology. Each implementation of NUTS comes with its own bespoke client design: who owns the meters, who has access, do you want labelling on meters, are there any hierarchies in meters, and so on.
- The incoming meter data can come from any source, for example DLMS serial protocol, FTP, web services, REST services, e-mail, or manual upload of spreadsheets. The tooling to get data into the NUTS platform can run on NUTS itself, thus simplifying the implementation process.
Easy to operate
- We run NUTS as a software-as-a-service for you
- NUTS runs on an industry-standard relational database
- NUTS includes a web-based administration panel
- NUTS includes system monitoring which reports on meters that don't have the expected number of measurements
NUTS is pronounced nuts, as in "nuts and bolts", a word traditionally used in Dutch for public utility companies, nutsbedrijven.